Unexpected Challenges

No comments
Well everyone stuck here at work, for the night. Shift is over but I can't leave. It's been a long hectic day at work. None the less while catching up on some rss feed reading (eWhile reading the many rss feeds I subscribe to, I managed to stumble upon a fun little challenge which seems perfect for the day.

Some days life throws a sucker punch or two. So what do we do? Simply take it, perhaps avoid it? We adapt and overcome. I can not say how many times I have lost something for sketching on my little trips. Some days it could be something as useless as an eraser, other's I may forget a paint brush for watercolors. Then there are those nasty days where you loose your pencil. "Trip to the store anyone?"

Regardless I found this great read by Nina Johansson. She is going to be teaching at the 3rd International Urban Sketching Symposium in July (which I hope to attend). She gives us a little teaser or taste of what some will get to venture into at the symposium.


It's not so much a challenge as it is more of just a great method to open your horizons. Many people are distracted or even scared timid to an empty white canvas or paper in front of them. I have heard this before somewhere. None the less, destroy that plain white paper a little. Give it some scars and character.

Another point brought up was using items you've never used before to create your images. As I mentioned earlier I can't recall how many times I have left or lost some tool behind. One time I resorted to using a napkin as a brush for my water colors.

None the less check out Nina's post. Maybe a fun challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for both your time, and words of encouragement or critique.
I appreciate all and any thoughts that you have.

Benjamin J.

Popular